I promised you a big reveal, and HERE IT IS!
Educating and empowering South Africans of all ages is something I’m very passionate about. Investing is another big interest of mine, but I feel there aren’t enough of us out there who understand investing, or utilise it to its full potential (maybe you think it’s too complicated or ‘is only for people with loads of money’)– and it’s to our detriment. When I was only 19 and started earning a bit of money I was encouraged to try and commit to putting at least something away every month. It all started with an investment account. Investing in shares is actually not difficult at all – it just takes a plunge – and I have gone out and found the easiest way to get a foot in the door so you can trust that doing it this was is the best start to something much greater.
As I mentioned earlier this week, I recently learned that of the 53 million South Africans, only 280 000 invest in shares on the JSE. That’s less than half a percent of South Africans. That’s terrible and maybe why we see South Africans in so much debt. It’s widely known that us South Africans aren’t among the best savers (of money) in the world, and as soon as we get cash, we find (what we think are) great ways to spend it (flashy cars, a new watch, a cool phone). Immediately. Not the best idea for our future.
Let’s change that. Let’s start a revolution. Let’s embark on a journey to drive a better culture of investment and saving in South Africa – starting with you and me! I know it sounds intimidating but there are ways to start off nice and easy with a SMALL sum of money. Imagine if you could tell your friends/family that your money grows while theirs sits in a bank and LOSES value.
Kicking off today, I’m issuing you with a challenge, where you’ll be rewarded big time (by me and by your future self).
The challenge is simple:
1) Head on over to https://www.easyequities.co.za/?affiliateid=7&affiliatekey=1uKN%2bkpYBmPcz1Yl92Yc1mFp4NHSaelNH6xC8UAuYwP8d4mK%2b%2f68dQ%3d%3d (it’s VITAL that use use THIS link as that’s the only way to know that you signed up with me)
2) Sign up for an EasyEquities account (It’ll take less than five minutes. I’ve done it!)
3) Once you’ve signed up, FICA your account (using the easy and safe submission process.)
4) Deposit your R50 to start investing (their payment system is 100% secure, so don’t be scared about inserting your payment details. I’ve done it myself and my details are safe.)
5) Once you’ve signed up, take a selfie with your confirmation email/EasyEquities profile page in the background (but be sure NOT to have your personal account details visible) and tag @EasyEquities @DaniloAcquisto #EasyInvesting.
To make life even simpler (and more visual), here are a few 2min videos to help you get the ball rolling:
- How to register an account:
- Why on earth should I start investing:
- How do I FICA?
There are LOADS more videos on their Youtube Channel
I promised you rewards, now what are they?
1) If you take up this challenge with me signing up with the link above (between 24 September and 27 October) you stand to win an exclusive one-on-one day out with me. My treat. We’ll head out to one of the coolest spots in your city and spend the morning or afternoon (the winner can decide) hanging out in good company, eating great food, and chatting all things fun, fulfilling, investment and awesome. Heck, we might even snap a few selfies, and there’ll be a few more surprises in store for you.
2) We’ll have some really cool spot prizes along the way between now and 27 October, where anyone who accepts this challenge and starts investing, will stand to win.
3) If you don’t win the one-on-one experience with me this time, you’ll at least have made the first move to taking your financial future into your own hands.
As “thanks” for joining me on this quest, I might even throw in a few more surprises along the way… *wink wink*
In the coming weeks, I’ll be with you on the investment journey and will be sharing my top investment tips and some secrets from some of SA’s biggest investors with you on social media and right here on my site.
Now all that’s left for you to do is decide: are you up for the challenge?
If so, let’s get investing! #Operation1K
*Featured Image Credit: @GreatGrampops